If you are looking for the best tripods for Nikon, there are some interesting products to analyze in terms of features and main advantages. This review may be useful before making the decision about which of them to invest your money. In the market, there are many types of tripods and the ideal is to make sure you get the most convenient one, the one that best suits the camera and the objective that we have as well as the type of use we will give you, as these are the elements determinants for the selection.
Nikon cameras have many features so be sure to choose the tripod that manages to enhance them and help you improve even more shots that can be achieved with them is a great idea. The owners of a Nikon are always in search of perfection and sometimes to get it they know that it requires something more than the eye of the photographer and his handling of the technique, it is necessary to have a good tool to achieve it.
Among the best tripods for Nikon in 2018 five can be highlighted, each of them has characteristics that make it attractive depending on the use to which it is going to be used. Some models are ultra light, so they will be suitable for those who always want to take pictures of their trips, or those who go hiking or hiking. Others have greater or lesser amount of adjustment of angles in the legs, there are those that allow adapting different types of devices, some bear more weight than others and also have differences between the presentation and the manufacturer’s warranty. On a tripod you should look for two essential conditions: stability and that support the weight of the camera and the objective with which you want to work.
Top 5 Best Tripods For Nikon DSLR – Latest Reviews of 2018
1) Patekfly Tripod – Best For GoPro, Canon & Nikon
A flexible tripod made by Paterfly It has become a novelty, especially for its resistance, is really amazing and can be used for mobile phone photography and Nikon, Sony, and even GoPro cameras. Being made of aluminum and silicone, it is resistant and lightweight. But it also has a special feature and is the fact that it is possible to move its legs in any direction, to reach the most unusual positions. It has so much flexibility that it is possible to embrace any object or give it a hook shape and hang it from a railing or any other place. Yes, although it seems incredible, this tripod has a flexibility taken to its highest level. By using it you will be able to capture unique photos and videos, with views impossible to achieve with any other accessory. It is adaptable to almost any brand of cameras and smartphones on the market and it is possible to have it always at hand as it is small and lightweight.
- It is the most flexible tripod on the market
- It only weighs 800 grams.
- The manufacturer grants an operating guarantee for a period of 18 months.
- Includes a clip to insert the Smartphone that has two supports, which makes it possible to accommodate the equipment vertically or horizontally.
- The spherical heads have a 360 ° rotation system
- It is ideal to carry everywhere.
- The packaging includes, in addition to the tripod, an adapter for telephones and for a GoPro camera
The only disadvantage that can be found is that some owners of SLR cameras may feel insecure to adapt their equipment on this tripod.
2) Vanguard VEO 265AB Tripod
The Vanguard VEO 265AB tripod, made in China, will fall in love with travelers who want to capture everything with their camera; since in addition to the conveniences in terms of weight, size and folding possibilities to convert it into a compact luggage, it is robust and stable enough to support the weight of the camera. It is made of aluminum and comes in a convenient black color.
- Its multi-action head features a leveling bubble, an ergonomic locking lever and Arca-swiss technology, which allows you to quickly release the camera to continue with another shot that does not require the use of the tripod.
- Supports a load of up to 17.6 pounds
- It is light but stable.
- Bring a low angle adapter.
- The extended height reaches 59.1 inches, whereas when folding it is only 15.4 inches.
- The legs can move at various angles
- Comes with a sheath for protected travel
Its main disadvantages are the lack of central hook to add weight and increase stability, or metal tips on the legs to improve grip in the field.
3) Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB Tripod
Another of the Vanguard manufacturer’s tripods is the Alta Pro 263AB-100. This is a tripod made of aluminum, which provides good stability and excellent working height. In addition to this, its head can be turned horizontally which is incredible to take panoramic.
- It has three angles of opening the legs, 80 °, 50 ° and 25 ° so it can almost be placed flush with the ground.
- Has metallic pin-shaped finishes for a better grip when going out into the field and provide even greater stability, but which can be hidden for a more convenient transfer.
- Reaches a maximum height of 174 cm and a minimum height of 55 cm
- Provides a good fit between the shoe and the camera
- Bring a hook at the base of the column to hang some additional weight to ensure even greater stability
- Can support a weight of up to 18 pounds
- Factory packaging brings a comfortable bag for your transfer.
- The disadvantages found are:
- Its weight of 2.5 kg that although it is not excessive can be annoying in walks or excursions.
- Its folding size reaches 70 centimeters so it is not too compact.
4) Dolica AX620B100 62-Inch Proline Tripod and Ball Head
The model of Tripod AX620B100 manufactured by Dolica, using aluminum alloy has a load capacity of 13.2 pounds. Its characteristics make it one of the most used for the work of professional photographers. It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- The five-year manufacturer’s warranty, which gives an idea of the product’s confidence
- Comes in a practical carrying case made of high strength nylon and with good finishes
- It has a counterweight hook to add more stability.
- It has an adjustment system with 3 positions of the angle of the legs.
- The legs end in threaded tips, for a more precise leveling and can be interchanged between the tip or rubber, for a better grip on the ground or floor.
- Its head has a leveling bubble and the possibility of achieving 360 ° angles
- It has a quick release plate
- Reaches a maximum height of 62.2 inches and a minimum height of 18.5
- The folded size that is 22.5 inches
- Its weight of 2.5 pounds so it is not so light.
5) Manfrotto MT055XPRO3 Tripod
The tripod MT055XPRO3 from Manfrotto is made of aluminum and offers a high level of stability. It has a differentiating element from the others discussed, this is its central column of 90 °, which gives it the particularity of being able to move not only vertically, but also horizontally and even more, to change orientation it is not necessary to dismantle the camera. This is an ideal tripod not only for any kind of photography but also for video recording. It has a special connector that allows you to add a flash, a led light or a reflector; it’s almost like taking a study wherever you go. In addition, the leveling bubble is located in the central column
- The ability to support a weight of up to 12.2 pounds
- Have a levers adjustment system that allows you to open or close them with one hand.
- Have the possibility of independent adjustment of each leg and with four different angles of opening 25 °, 46 °, 66 ° and 80 °, which facilitates a great freedom of positions for captures.
- It reaches a maximum height of 183 cm and a minimum of only 9 cm, which makes it special for photographs of nature and animals in their own habitat as birds and insects.
- Has a 10-year warranty granted by the manufacturer for defects in material or workmanship?
- It measures 61 centimeters when folded
- Among the disadvantages that some users have reported is that the first uses the system of adjustment of legs is not very fluid, although it improves with continuous use.
- It weighs about 3.5 kg, so it is something that should be evaluated when you must carry it with you during long walks.
- Do not bring a bag or briefcase to protect it from the factory.
Things You Need To consider while Buying a tripod for Nikon DSLR
But there are also other things that are appreciated and that can differentiate one tripod from another and they are the following:
- The characteristics of the legs or feet of the tripod, in terms of mobility margin and grip on the ground.
- The dimensions of the tripod so extended, to know how well it adapts to the height of the user, as folded since it depends on whether it can be considered as a traveler or not and that it can allow the shots at ground level that sometimes It is usually needed.
- The number of divisions of the legs, because a greater number of them will affect the robustness. Generally, these are divided into 3 or 4 sections.
- The possibility of hanging additional weight to give more stability. Many of the tripods that are on the market include a central hook to place a backpack or a sack full of sand or stones.
- The characteristics of the head and its possibilities of rotation, essential in the taking of panoramic or to obtain fluid videos.
- The manufacturing material is another aspect that professionals especially consider at the time of selection. The carbon fiber will last a lifetime but also will cost significantly more than aluminum that is also quite light and resistant.
- Of course, the budget available for this investment is also of significant importance
The tripods selected for the review include products from the leading manufacturers of these camera accessories, such as the Manfrotto, the Italian brand of all time, the new Chinese brand Vanguard, which has been gaining the trust of consumers in the world of photography and recognized company with headquarters in the state of California, United States, the Dolica. There are for all tastes and for all prices, so it is worth reviewing their main features and benefits and discover their advantages and disadvantages if they have them.
Best Tripods for Nikon D3300
Whether you are an amateur who is exploring new possibilities with your camera, or that you are already a professional photographer, finding the best tripods for your Nikon D3300 is indispensable, especially to take panoramic landscapes, dabble in night photography or innovate with the Incorporation into your images of creative effects that require a long exposure and therefore a pulse that you can only achieve with a tripod. If your photos are of nature, perhaps a very valuable feature is the weight and size of this tool, but if the idea is to use it to take portraits in a studio, perhaps these elements do not have equal relevance.
Capturing unique moments without movement requires a sufficiently robust tripod to ensure maximum stability at the time of capture, so consider this feature as the most essential when evaluating a tripod to start innovating with your Nikon D3300.
Best Tripods for Nikon D3200
If you are looking for the best tripod for Nikon D3200, then it is because you have achieved almost everything with your camera and now you want to take your photographic eye to another level. In this case it is possible that you have already decided on one of the five tripods, any of them can help you achieve your goal, maybe you just have to consider how far you want to take your work in the world of photography and video and then Decide to invest in one that can last you a lifetime.
Check carefully the angles of opening of the feet and the maximum and minimum height they can reach, these factors will also help you to make the decision especially if you already have in mind the type of photographs in which you want to venture. Your camera never leaves you bad so look for the best compliment for it.
Best Tripods for Nikon D3100
Any of the commented tripods may turn out to be among the best tripods for the Nikon D3100 since this SLR camera, which is not very heavy, can be supported by all of them. The characteristics of the camera, which allow achieving exceptional photographs even without much practice, can be optimized by adding a tripod especially in the special shots or in the recording of videos. Evaluate your budget and the main condition in which you will use it and decide on one of the commented tripods when you already have it remember that only with continued use and mastery of the technique will you get contest photos.
Buyer Guide: Top Shooting Sticks 2019
If you are the owner of a Nikon, either a D3100, D3200 or D3300 surely you found it very useful to know about the characteristics of any of these tripods, since they are all able to support the weight of your SLR camera and take you to get some exceptional shots, whether you want to portray your family group and of course you want to be in the picture too, until you want to experience the thrill of capturing every detail of a trip, the starry sky or a waterfall during an excursion, the night lights of a city and even the crucial moments of a marathon.
And if you are thinking of venturing into the audiovisual world, improving the techniques of your videos will not be possible without a tripod; no tool will be as useful as them to eliminate the movement of amateur videos. Dare to record the best moments of life with the pleasure of not only capturing their faces but also listening to the protagonists in action and capturing every detail of that unrepeatable moment.
Treasuring your memories is in your memory but it is never too much to help with an image or a video that helps you to evoke it.
If you are a professional, then you already know that a tripod is a tool that you were needed to implement your expertise. Maybe you cannot decide for just one of them and consider that you deserve to have more than one.